Lamadzho or lahmacun, lagmadzho (Armenian flatbread) is a traditional Armenian dish. Initially Armenian flatbread recipe is a traditional Arabic cuisine, but now it is the national dish, not only in Armenia, but also in Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Palestine, Syria and Turkey.
In general, Armenian cuisine is a blend of a variety of techniques, methods and traditions that have been passed from year to year and improved, according to trends. There are sophisticated dishes that you can cook only under the strict supervision of experienced chefs, or very easy ones, which is possible to cook for everyone. But here are always the one – an incredible taste and aromatic range.
It is also worth noting that another feature of Armenian cuisine is that different parts of the dishes are cooked separately from each other and after are connected in the final part of preparation.
Armenian flatbread basicly consists of thin crispy flatbreadbread, with minced meat (usually lamb, but there can be many variations), as well as vegetables, tomatoes, pepper and plenty of greenery.
Today I’ll show you an easy flatbread recipe which is shared with me by the chef Alexander Ghazaryan. In just 20 minutes, and homemade flatbread is ready. But not with conventional filling, today it is cheese. Use your favourite cheese. In fact, you can experiment. Will you share with me your taste impressions?
- 0.06 kg Wheat flour
- 0.015 kg Cheese (any salty)
- 0.035 kg Mozzarella cheese
- 0.01 kg Butter
- 0.001 kg Salt
- 0.01 kg Vegetable oil
- 0.001 kg Ground black pepper
- Mix flour, salt and water by eye (to get fresh dough). Leave the dough to rest for 15 minutes. Then roll it out and make balls diameter of 25 cm.
- We shall cut the cheese into small cubes, add the dried mint and pepper, mix and put it on the rolled dough. Cook in the oven for 7 minutes. Serve with butter.