Trout is one of the most tasty and healthy kinds of fish. Dieting experts recommend eating trout at least once per week. This fish contains Omega-3 acids, healthy fats and well-balanced proteins, so it’s perfect for nutritious breakfast, tasty lunch or scrumptious dinner.
Apart from that, Armenian apricots are the tastiest apricots in the world. And it was a natural idea to combine two authentic Armenian products and cook a masterpiece of them.
Trout is rather simple to cook. The most important is to preserve its tender flavour and texture. Trout can be salted, smoked, baked, fried, boiled, minced and freezed. There is a vast field for experiments with flavours, ways of serving, side dishes and sauces.
Internet is full with trout recipes of different levels of cooking skills. Today I’m offering you an unusual but simple version – trout fillet in Armenian style. This culinary secret was revealed to me by a famous Armenian chef Karo Guyumjyan. His recipe is unique due to apricot sauce and tastes simply gorgeous! Well, words are not enough, you should taste it by yourself!
- 300 g trout fillet
- 100 g dried apricots
- 10 g estragon
- 10 g sunflower oil
- 60 g sweet pepper
- 30 g butter
- ½ lemon
- 10 g sugar
- White wine
- Clean the fish from the skin and bones.
- Season with salt and paprika.
- Put a few sprigs of estragon, chopped bell pepper and butter on the fish, wrap it tightly in plastic foil.
- Then put to the fridge for 1.5 hour.
- Afterwards boil it for 30 minutes at 80 degrees.
- Dried apricots, white wine, sugar.
- Mix all ingredients and cook at low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve trout with apricot sauce and rice as side dish.