I am deeply in love with all types of macarons. I like all tastes and various fillings. I like them just itself or in some gourmet desserts.
- 250ml milk
- 80 g yolks
- 200 g sugar
- 100 ml dairy-free cream
- 300ml dairy cream
- 20 g gelatin sheet
- 150g white chocolate
- 1 vanilla bean
- 250 g almond flour
- 300 g sugar powder
- 50g cocoa powder
- 220 g egg white
- 300 g sugar
- 75 ml water
- 250ml dairy cream
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 50 g butter
- Whisk egg yolks with a half of sugar over the bain-marie until white and fluffy.
- Gradually add milk, and cook the mixture until slightly thick.
- Enter chopped white chocolate, vanilla bean seeds.
- Chill the mixture.
- Whisk two kinds of cream with the remaining half of sugar until thick, and combine with chilled cream and gelatin.
- Combine almond flour with powdered sugar and cocoa, stir until smooth.
- Add half of the egg whites.
- Do not mix, just set aside.
- Beat the remaining egg whites (110 g) put in a bowl until light foam.
- Add the sugar to the saucepan, and pour in the water.
- Put it over medium heat, bring to a boil, and cook until the mixture reaches a temperature of 118 C.
- Remove the syrup from the heat.
- On low speed, add the sugar syrup to the beaten egg whites.
- Beat until shiny dense foam and stiff peaks.
- Fold in the meringue batter to the almond flour and unbeaten egg whites mixture.
- Stir gently, moving from the edges, rotating the bowl in a circle.
- Almond flour and meringue should be well-combined, but smooth.
- Transfer the macaron batter to a pastry bag fitted with a small corner cut off and pipe 3-4 cm rounds on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Let it stand at room temperature for at least an hour, then put the baking sheet into preheated to 150-155 C oven, and bake 11-12 minutes.
- Let macaron shells cool down completely, then fill it with dark chocolate butter-cream.
- Put clean berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries) to the bottoms of a shot glasses.
- Put flat white chocolate chip on berries, and top with Cardinal Cream.
- Garnish with white chocolate shavings and ground nuts.
- Serve with chocolate macarons.
There is nothing better than put this one little thing into your mouth, and enjoy the way it melts in your mouth. At once crunchy and chewy, sweet, juicy… Orgasmically delicious! I thing I can eat hundreds of them in a few minutes.
So when one of the best pastry-chefs of Ukraine, Aleksandr Kasian, told me that he will cook and give me the recipe of his macarons for my project Food & Chef, I packed my bag, took the camera, and arrived to him immediately.
You can imagine, how amazed I was, when I saw this spectacular dessert. It’s not just a macaron, it a real pastry masterpiece, called Berry Compote with Cardinal Cream.
Believe me, it’s so damn delicious and tender, so I asked Alexander for another one (and some few later ;). Yes, I know, I’m impudent, but I just could not resist this flavorful temptation.
Try to cook this wonderful dessert, and you will find out what a gastronomical ecstasy is.