Black cod lives in waters of the Pacific Ocean, is one of the most delicious fish and can be a diamond among the inhabitants of the sea. Despite its name, black cod is a gentle, soft, white and fatty meat with a rich flavor.
Also black cod is called coal fish because of its color.
To cook the black cod, chefs use various tricks, and very carefully choose method of cooking, because the taste of cod must dominate and be the main soloist, and a side dish, only need to emphasize its advantages.
The Japanese prefer not to heat black cod, and vice versa Americans like it in the smoked form.
The recipe of Sergey Spyakin, chef at Rokka restautant help us to cook and taste that delicacy. Especially for Food’n’Chef Sergey demonstrated how to cook black cod, one of the most exotic fish in the world. It’s not just fish and caviar with mango and soy glace. Sergey has chosen an unusual addition. And you have to “spawn” caviar on your own. And it’s not as difficult as it might seem. Tender meat of cod in soy, along with sweet delicious mango. It sounds insane appetizing!
- Black cod - 200 g
- Half of a lime
- Soy sauce - 100 g
- Сane fresh or honey - 100 g
- Chips Tuna - 5 g
- Sake - 40 ml
- Mango juice - 500 ml
- Water - 100 ml
- Mirina - 50 g
- Alginate - 2 g
- Wiping cod fillets with paper towels from excess moisture
- Combine all ingridients for glace, put on low heat and evaporate until the whole mixture thickens.
- Make mango caviar, for that combine juice, water, mirin, alginate, and break through the blender. Cooled in the refrigerator and give to stand for 1 hour.
- Make a solution of calcium: take texture calcium (6.5 g) and diluted in 1 liter of water.
- Put mango mixture from refrigerator, add in syringe and drop to the calcium. With the help of sieve pull out mango caviar and wash in clean water.
- Before cooking marinate the cod in soy glace for 5 minutes. And bake it in oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Take out cod from the oven, remove the bones (they tend to stick out of the fish).
- At the center of the plate spread cod steak, put near the half of lime and mango caviar.
Today, in your arsenal will be the author’s recipe that combines the best ingredients and traditions of Asian cuisine.
And it turns out that the black cod is a favorite dish of Robert De Niro. Therefore, by preparing cod at home, you can be calm, you’re ready for the arrival of the Hollywood stars!