Recently we cooked and shot very tasty video recipe for our Youtube Channel Gastrolab. Real and American classical pancakes with maple syrup.
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⅔ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Separate eggs; beat egg yolks.
- Sift dry ingredients; add alternately with buttermilk to the beaten egg yolks.
- Add melted butter.
- Beat egg whites and fold into the batter.
- Bake on hot griddle (400 degrees) until bubbles rise in the pancakes, about 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Initially the dish calls “Classic Dinner Pancakes”, but I used to cook them for breakfast. Fast, tasty and not very healthy… But sometimes you can allow it to yourself 😉
I’m sorry for posting that photo in evening, when we’re not eating after 6 pm. And you’re sitting just near your computer and serve in Facebook. But you surely can find in your fridge butter milk, also sugar, flour and all other necessary ingredients. I insure you^ it’s going be tasty dinner.
And traditionally – the pancakes recipe. But who did decide, that it is a tradition? This recipe for our video kindly gave Lindsay, the author of one of the most popular American food blogs. And with her permission I am sharing this wonderful recipe of classic Pancakes with maple syrup.
P.S. Linsay’s blog is amazing; I recommend it to everyone who loves delicious and interesting recipes.
Oh! Almost forgot! The video of this awesome pancake recipe… Watch, cook, enjoy!