Phyllo pastry is one of the most popular types of dough, from which you can cook different baking and desserts: strudels, cakes, pies.
Phyllo pastry has a minimal number of fat, and almost without any eggs. The layers of phyllo pastry before baking are coated with oil (vegetable or cream), and then you add different fillings- sharp, sweet, vegetable, meat – as the heart desires.
The combined shhets give you a feeling of puff-pastry, but, anyway, it lighter.
Phyllo pastry is very popular in Mediterranean cuisine. In the Greek language even has a word – phyllon, which means “sheet”. There the name – Phyllo pastry came from. In Greece, said that each family has its own secret of cooking the pastry, and you can’t find the same recipe. Another advantage of phyllo pastry is that it likes to be freezing. It can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator for 6 months.
If you think that the Phyllo pastry is very difficult to cook, do not worry, you can buy ready-made at the store and add a favorite filling, and cook the perfect dish.
Today we will prepare curd pie from phyllo pastry. This recipe shared with me Sergey Kutenkov, chef at Old Bus. For the filling, he chose the curd. Curd Pie (Milina) is a traditional dish, with the filling made of curd and greens.
- Phyllo Pastry – 400 g (1 package)
- Eggs – 3 pieces
- Curd (fat) 1 kg
- Butter – 75 g
- Sour cream – 250 g (1 cup)
- Dill – 1 bunch
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Greens wash, dry and cut.
- Eggs – separate the whites from the yolks.
- Put a curd to a bowl, add the salt, yolks, herbs and half of the butter.
- Mix curd well.
- Lay out the phyllo pastry sheets on the table and separate the number of filling according to the number of sheets.
- Add filling to the every sheet of phyllo pastry.
- Next, they need to be twisted together into tight rolls and not put in a spiral shape for baking. And pieces of butter to the cooked pie.
- In bowl mix egg whites and sour cream, salt to taste.
- Mix well, gently whisking. Add that pouring to the pie.
- Put the form with curd pie in a preheated to 170 degree oven and cook about 0,5-1 hours.
Сurd pie from phyllo pastry is very tasty even when it’s cold. It could be breakfast and dinner and convenient snack for a picnic, and a feast for the unscheduled arrival of guests.