Do you have a couple of hours to prepare a special dish? And a couple of hours to find and prepare all 40 ingredients?
Do you like the small duck? But don’t want the banal taste?
Do you adore delicacies and try something new, so later to tell about this your friends?
Well, okay, that’s enough stupid questions. The softness of marinated duck, rich flavor of spices, cherries’ brightness, singularity mix with black pudding and coffee is for the savvy foodies.
- Cinnamon sticks
- Whole clove
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh thyme
- Orange peel
- Coriander seeds
- Fennel seeds
- Star anise
- Olive oil - very little
- Juniper berries
- Cherry Puree – 1 kg
- Kirsch - 100g
- Water - 100g
- AGAR - 10g
- Pork Blood - 750g
- Cream - 500g
- Fleur de Sel - 2g
- Pork fat, small dice - 50g
- Shallot, brunoise - 20g
- Garlic, brunoise - 10g
- Sourdough bread, small dice - 80g
- Brandy - 25g
- Sherry - 25g
- Sherry Vinegar - 25g
- Water - 600g
- White Wine Vinegar - 200g
- Olive Oil - 200g
- Sugar - 100g
- Fleur de Sel - 10g
- Cinnamon - 6 sticks
- Cloves - 10pc
- Star Anise - 5pc
- Black Peppercorns - 3pc
- Whole nutmeg, grated - 5pc
- First of all, marinate the duck breasts.
- In addition, you will have lots of to do, so the duck imbued with sauce well.
- Pan sear on the skin side to render the fat.
- Saute the chanterelles gris with butter.
- Pan sear the black pudding and heat in a 200C oven for 5min.
- Arrange the mushrooms, pickled cherries, and black pudding on the plate
- Slice the duck breast and arrange on top as a real queen of the meal.
- Now a little art. Squeeze some dots of cherry gel around the plate. Creatively, trusting inner feeling of beautiful.
- Spoon a little cherry gastrique and duck jus.
- Make a semi dark dry caramel in a deep sauce pot; deglaze with red wine vinegar.
- Add port wine and dissolve caramel.
- Add duck sauce or fortified chicken jus
- Infuse with fresh thyme.
- Add the melted butter, to adjust acidity level.
- Boil the AGAR in the water for 3 min until no taste of AGAR remains.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine over medium heat for 1min.
- Pour onto a tray and allow to set in the refrigerator for 2hrs.
- Cut the jelly into small cubes and blend.
- Add water if needed, to assist in blending until completlely smooth.
- Pass through a tamis and reserve in asqueezie bottle.
- Saute the pork fat, shallot, and garlic until soft.
- Add sourdough and allow to cool.
- Combine all ingredients together and pour into a hotel pan lined with cling film.
- Steam at 85C for 35min.
- Fresh a little and cool.
- Cut into desired shapes (even into small hearts).
- Simmer the water, sugar, salt, and all spices for 15min.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Halve 1kg fresh cherries and remove the pits.
- Place in vacuum bags with the pickling juice and vacuum seal
- Refrigerate for 24hrs.
Be ready for the fact that after this dish you’ll have to eat a couple of burgers, a bowl of salad and a plate of pasta. Otherwise you will be hungry, though very happy. Mentally and physically.
Flavorful marinated duck with cherries and something else!
If you stopped cooking at the moment of deglaze and opened a package with pasta, we understand you and don’t take offense.
If you have got to do everything, we honestly will write about you on our project. With a sense of accomplishment you can wear a wizard’s cap and believe that now you know how to do everything in the world. Breathe, eat your dish for 5 minutes (because you are fucking hungry while doing it all) and go to sleep. Today you have done enough. Bon appetit and goodnight!