One of the most important and main courses in the world is bread. What could be better than bread? Only meat. And what could be better than meat? Meatloaf!
Today we will prepare Meatloaf or meat bread. Meatloaf is a meat casserole or large meatball in the form of bread. But somehow, incredibly, it’s much tastier.
Why Meatloaf called Meat Loaf? And the answer is simple, “Meatloaf” from English just means meat loaf. Most often it is made from beef with a variety of fillings. It can be cheese, eggs or other type of meat.
In 2007 Meatloaf was recognized as one of the seven most popular dishes among the American population.
Meatloaf became necessary during the Great Depression for the whole family, because you just mix a small amount of meat with other ingredients and get a full meal.
Meatloaf is US national dish, but it he to the New World from Europe. The first mention of Meatloaf was found in an Italian cookbook, which is more then 1500 years. But in America it became incredibly popular! Therefore, in the American kitchen you can find not only fast food 😉
So here’s the Meatloaf recipe!
- Minced Pork – 450 g
- Minced Beef – 450 g
- Broth – 100 ml
- Egg – 2 pcs.
- Cheese – 100 g
- Bay Leaves – 3 pc
- Garlic – 1 pc
- Olive oil – 30 ml
- Bread crumbs or Crackers – 70 g
- A pinch of Fresh Thyme
- A pinch of Oregano
- Pinch of Red Pepper
- Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Pinch of Spice
- Mix minced pork and beef.
- Add the bread crumbs (or crackers), thyme leaves, oregano and chopped garlic.
- Mix, add the stuffing egg, season with black and red pepper, salt to taste.
- Add the grated cheese, pour the broth and well minced by hands.
- Grease the bread pan with olive oil, spread the stuffing in the prepared pan, flatten and place top 3 bay leaves.
- Bake in a preheated 180 ° C oven for 1 hour.
- Meatloaf can be served hot and cold.