Boiled, baked and fried potatoes, french-fries and steamed potatoes – there dozens, if not hundreds of recipes of this vegetable known from the very childhood. For example, the most popular recipe of the project is potatoes baked with herbs or homemade salad with baked vegetables and slices of rye bread.
But new potatoes do not have so rich taste yet. It’s still so young. However, boiled potatoes are always a very good way out. Sounds boing? Okay, let’s add a little bit of madness. Let it be new potatoes in dancing salad swing with fresh smoked salmon. Sounds complicated? And who promised it would be easy?
This salad recipe is very simple and even sounds familiar. But you’ll start appreciating the flavour in the course of cooking it. Chef Alexei Shvets is even crazier than us. He ordered “Let’s smoke it”, and waved his hand. In fact, smoked apple-flavored salmon tastes hell delicious and looks gorgeous. And he was not waving his hand, but for sure he was using the Smoking Gun device.
This smoking device is a real catch for all lovers of culinary experiments. Not only world-known chefs use this compact, powerful and user-friendly smoking machine (remember Alexei?), it can be simply used at your own kitchen. Yes, everything is very simple? just go to PolyScience and buy it.
Cook, smoke, eat!
New Potato with Smoked Apple-Flavored Salmon Recipe
- 80 g raw salmon fillet
- 60 g new small potatoes
- 10 g microgreen sprouts (lemon basil, parsley, reddish, peas, mustard)
- 5 g grain mustard
- 5 g onion flakes
- Salt, Sriracha sauce to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Smoking Gun and apple sawing
- 20 g lemon mayonnaise
- 20 г sour cream
- For lemon mayonnaise:
- 2 egg-yolks
- 15 g Dijon mustard
- 25 ml lemon juice
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 300 ml lemon-flavored oil
- For lemon-flavored oil:
- 500 ml grape-seed oil
- Peels of 2 lemons
- Peel new potatoes and boil in salted water with half a lemon.
- Remove the water and add butter.
- Cut the salmon into equal pieces, heavily brush with olive oil and place in the oven preheated to 60 degrees for 15 minutes. Chill.
- Mix the grape-seed oil with lemon peels in a ziplock package or in a vacuum container.
- Treat the lemon with boiling water to evaporate fragrant oils.
- Put in the oven on a steam regime at 70 degrees or sous-vide regime for 2 hours.
- Strain the ready-made oil a fine sieve and pour into a bottle. It will be useful.
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil, until smooth.
- Pour a thin stream of oil, while continuous whisking the mass.
- Key to perfect mayonnaise is the proportion of 1 yolk and 150 ml of oil. It will be useful.
- Cut each onion into 4-6 pieces, divide the layers and sprinkle with a little of olive oil.
- Put in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees until a light golden brown.
- Get it out, chill the oven, set the temperature to 80 degrees and put the onions back to complete dry-curing for 6-8 hours.
- Meanwhile, put the pieces of salmon in a small bowl and tightly wrap it with plastic foil.
- Make a small hole and insert the Smoking Gun tube into the hole.
- I also apply some tape to fix it accurately.
- Put the apple sawing to the gun, filling it by half.
- Switch on the Smoking Gun, set on fire and smoke.
- When all the sawdust burn out, turned the device off. Leave it for 5-7 minutes and then the salad can be assembled.
- Mix the lemon mayonnaise with sour cream.
- Put the potatoes and slices of smoked salmon on top.
- All the remaining ingredients put as long as much patience you have, because the flavor will make you insane. Well, how does it taste?