Ballet is a great art. I have always admired the fine lines of the body, weightless jumps and an amazing ability to show emotions through moving. In this sense, I am a tree. In the ballet, like in the pictures, there are iconic characters and outstanding personalities.
Pavlova or PavlovA or, in French manner, has left a clear mark in the world ballet history and an airy accent in culinary. Her contemporaries are gone long time ago, photos are faded away and the name is lost in the archives of history. But the cake, named in her honor, has become a classic and well-known dessert.
- 1 – chicken egg
- 80 g (2) – almond meringue
- 1 – lime
- 20 g – ginger biscuits
- 20-25 g – currants and strawberries
- 20 g – Triple Sec liqueur
- 10 g – butter
- 40 g – sugar
- 5 g – fresh mint leaves
- Squeeze the juice of one lime, and peel it to cook lime cream
- Beat up the egg with sugar and add the lime juice and peels
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and put on low heat, stirring constantly until thick
- Take the cream off the heat, add the butter and leave to cool
- Pour the liqueur to the currant and gently stew in a pan
- Crush the biscuits into crumbs
- To assemble and decorate the cake – put the chilled lime cream on the almond meringue cake, Stewed currents on top and sprinkle the dessert with ginger crumbs
- Put it on a beautiful dish, garnish with strawberries and mint leaves
- Just before serving pour it with the liqueur and stewed berries’ juice
That’s a not easy question to answer ‘Who, where and when has created this no-bake cake’. But it’s not my purpose to answer this kind of questions. You, my dear sweet tooth, are going to master the skills of decorating a cake, its seasonal variations, easiness-to-cook, and always amazing result. Moreover, this cake-meringue recipe has become so much popular that people even started collecting it. Who knows, maybe you’ll be inspired to create something beautiful and tasty?
In the meantime, I suggest you playing a classic play of the world famous delicacy, with the help of this no-bake cake recipe.
Back straight, toes stretched, head held high – go forward to the ballet bar! Oh, I mean to the kitchen. Are we dancing here or cooking, mm? …
Pavlova dessert is ready, and you are welcome to enjoy it. Fast, fresh and incredibly delicious, so I do know what I’m talking about. And do you already feel your fingers itching to touch the great art?