Rejoice meat eaters and become sullen those, who eat only vegetable food. Half meter of sausage! This is a traditional Ukrainian dish with salo!
- For 1kg of pork
- Salo (English – bacon or lard) – 400 g
- 8-10 cloves of garlic
- 8-10 pcs of bitter peppercorn
- 2-3 teaspoons of salt
- Mince 200g of meat and 200g of salo.
- Chop the rest of meat and salo in small pieces (it would be easier if you previously freeze the products a bit).
- Mix all the products with ground garlic, ground pepper and salt.
- You can also add white wine.
- Fill previously prepared casings with forcemeat, tie from both sides and put into a cold place for 5-6 hours, until forcemeat is well salted and well marinaded.
- Then pierce sausages in several points with a fork to avoid bursting, and fry with salo and onion.
- Cook in oven until prepared.
Ukrainian students also like it. It’s cheap, substantial and very tasty. The sausage is better served with fried potatoes and horilka (Ukrainian vodka) and seasoned with horseradish sauce.