There are dozens of silver carp recipes. And today I’ll share with you something really cool. Not just a ‘common recipe’, but a ‘wow-recipe’. It’s a common opinion that silver carp is mainly for every day cooking, and will not suit festive or somewhat more sophisticated table. But this recipe challenges stereotypes. Silver carp recipe from chef Yury Chernous is unusual in every sense. Just see here, most tender silver carp fillet cooked in dough and served with carrot ratatouille on reddish carpaccio. Sounds as a music for connoisseur! So scrumptious, so delicious! Try it!
Recipe of Silver Carp Fillet with Carrot Ratatouille on Turnip Carpaccio
- 100 g fillet silver carp
- 50 g ready-made puff pastry
- 5 g any vegetable oil
- 2 g sea salt
- 20 g French mustard
- 50 g carrot
- 40 g orange for fresh juice
- 2 гg sea salt
- 1 g spices to taste
- 10 g any vegetable oil
- 10 g lemon
- 80 g black reddish
- 2 g sea salt
- 3 g micro green
- 3 g capers
- 2 g flowers
- Take a silver carp fillet of 4 cm thick, slice into stripes of 10 cm, remove the bones and cook sous-vide for 15 minutes.
- Chill the fish to a temperature of 10 degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry to 2 mm, cut out a rectangle (width 5 cm, length 12 cm) and put the mustard on it.
- Put the fish and wrap it in the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at a temperature of 140 degrees.
- When serving the dish, cut off the edges to make the filling visible.
- Peel the carrots and cook sous-vide 40 minutes with orange peel. Peel the orange, squeeze fresh juice.
- Cut the carrots into strips of 1.5 mm thick and 10 mm wide.
- Heat the oil in the stewpan, fry the carrots for 2 minutes, add fresh juice, spices, boil out for 5 minutes and take from the stove.
- Slice the reddish into rings and parboil in water with orange peel for 5 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients on a hot plate and decorate with capers.
By the way, nutritionists consider this unsightly-looking carp as valuable kind of fish. This is the only freshwater fish with animal polyunsaturated fatty acids, typical for sea animal. It’s not only perfectly tastes, carp meat contains vitamins A, E, PP, as well as natural amino acids, sulfur, calcium and phosphorus.
The best way to cook this fish to preserve all the useful substances is to bake it. Fishes weighing approximately 4 kg are considered to have most delicious meat.