Risotto is a true culinary symbol of Italy. I have heard many stories, how this wonderful dish is appeared. Most of all I liked the beautiful legend of the journeyman Valerio, who painted the famous stained glass windows in the cathedral of Milan. As the bright yellow paint during that times was saffron. Once Valerio spill bank with saffron into his bowl of rice. He decided to try a new yellow dish and journeyman was delighted. So there was a Milanese risotto, which is cooking with the beef broth and saffron.
Today I want to introduce you to a risotto recipe with porcini mushrooms and scallops from the bold and strong-willed chef at restaurant Under Wonder – Darya Grasitskoy. Why do I characterize like that this attractive young girl? Because only having such qualities you can win “Hell’s Kitchen”.
In the author’s collection of chef Darya Grasnitskoy she has mushroom risotto, risotto with chicken, seafood risotto, risotto with vegetables. Daria confessed to me that she is in love with Italian food, especially after her journey through the sunny cities of Apennine Peninsula.
Especially for Food’nChef Daria tell you how to make risotto with porcini mushrooms and scallops. The dish will be particularly delicious and unusuall, if you listen to the advice and recommendations of the chef.
- Arborio Rice – 80 g
- Onions – 15 g
- Dry white wine – 20 g
- Olive oil for frying – 30 g
- White mushrooms, fresh – 30g
- Butter – 30 g
- Chicken broth – 200 g
- Parmesan cheese – 10 g
- Scallops – 80 g
- Fresh Garlic – 5 g
- Thyme – 2 g
- Salt – 2 g
- Ground black pepper – 1 g
- Pecorino cheese – 10 g
- Cut the onion into small cubes (about 5 mm) and fry until transparent in olive oil
- Add the rice and thyme, fry again, until the rice is pop
- Add the wine, bowl down
- Enter a little of broth, bowl down again. So we repeat, adding broth until the rice is almost cooked, stir the dish in a clockwise direction
- It is important not to digest the rice, it should be al dente: well cooked, but stay tight
- In another pan fry coarsely chopped white mushrooms (1cm), add salt and pepper
- At the final stage of cooking risotto we add sauteed mushrooms, butter, Parmesan
- Separately, in a pan fry scallops with garlic, salt and pepper literally three minutes on one side and three minutes on the other
- We spread risotto in a deep plate, put on top fried scallops
- Sprinkle the finished dish with grated Pecorino cheese
Our risotto with mushrooms and scallops is done! Bon Appetit!
By the way, I remembered another story about appearance of risotto. An Italian chef preparing rice soup and was chattering too much with a neighbor that he had completely forgotten about his dish. When the hapless chef came back to the plate, he saw that all the water has boiled away, but rice was still extremely gentle and soaked with flavors of vegetables and herbs.
But to prepare delicious seafood risotto, Daria Grasnitskaya advises not to forget about it.