I like salmon. And I like all kinds of cooked salmon. I wrote once about this, but I’ll write again. And again, and again, until I have enough of it, which is very unlikely to happen.
And, of course, I collect salmon recipes and cook salmon dishes, as for example that Salad with new potatoes and slices of apple-flavoured smoked salmon.
I have my favourite ones, and an ordinary steak is one of them. A bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. With white Sauvignon Blanc.
But I cook more complicated dishes, of course. And when Jean-Pierre offered to shoot his salmon dish for the project, I gave up quite soon. Since this is a very tasty and simple recipe from one of the best French chefs.
Roasted Salmon Steak Recipe:
- 4 pc Salmon steak
- 300 g Carrots
- 50 g Ginger
- 80 g Butter
- 10cl Grape seeds oil
- 2 pc Red radishes
- 2 pc White mushrooms (Paris)
- 50cl Vegetables stock
- 1 pack Tarragon
- 1 pack Coriander
- 1 pack Flat leaved parsley
- 200 Spinach
- 10 g Butter
- Salt & pepper
- Blanch the herbs in hard boiling water for 1 minute and cool them in ice water.
- Than drain it and mix it in a Thermomix with the vegetable stock and filter the juice.
- Warm it a little and add the butter.
- Let it in a bain-marie of 50°c.
- Cook the carrots in salty hard boiling water, drain and mix it very thin with ginger and butter. Season with salt and pepper and keep it warm.
- Color the salmon steaks on the skin and cook it 4 minutes at 160°c in the oven.
- Cut thin slices of radishes and mushrooms.
- Put the salmon in the middle of the plate.
- Add quenelles of carrot-ginger puree, herbs juice and than the radishes and mushrooms slices.
Couple of skilful movements and that’s the most tender baked salmon on the plate with additions in the form of carrots, ginger and herbals.