Thinking about Italian dessert that first comes to mind? Tiramisu, Panna Cotta and of course – sabayon!
Sabayon is one of the most popular desserts of Italian cuisine, it is egg cream with wine. Its basis are the egg yolks, sugar and wine. And already in preparing of sabayon you have no boundaries. The wine can be white, and red, and you can add pieces of fruit, berries and lemon zest. It all depends on taste preferences, culinary fantasies and of course, the mood!
There is no accurate information about the creator of the dessert there, but the main ones are two versions – or a well-known Italian chef of the 16th century Bartolomeo Scappi or court chef of Duke Charles Emmanuel I of Savoy. But to be honest, the history that some chef in Turin accidentally added to the egg cream sweet wine, I believe more.
Discovering of all important world laws or inventions was often made by chance. Apple fell on Newton’s head and he discovered an important law of physics, Mendeleev dreamed of his table, and he even turned the entire chemistry world upside down! That sabayon think can be attributed to a series of random, but wonderful discoveries. Delicate dessert that is simply impossible with anything to compare. He is a unique perfection.
Chefs of Make My Cake reveal to us the secret of his perfect sabayon, which is absolutely incredible coincidence is correct and delicious. As a basis is Prosecco and as a nice addition Vika and Anna picked figs. It’s not a pretty standard choice that once again confirms the fact that in making sabayon no boundaries, there is only endless possibilities.
- Prosecco or white wine – 130 ml
- Sugar – 60 g
- Yolk – 3 pieces. (60g)
- Fig – 4-5 pcs.
- Cream – 600 ml
- Sugar – 250 g
- Lemon juice – 80 ml
- Put in a water bath the eggs, sugar and Prosecco. Whip about 3-5 minutes, until the mixture will increase in volume and not brighten.
- Take a bath when the mixture becomes thick and dense, put on ice and beat until cool.
- Unite cream and sugar in a small saucepan and boil until it will boil.
- Boil about 4 minutes, then add the lemon juice and boil the same amount. Take off the heat and cool.
- Pour into glasses and place in refrigerator for 2 hours until it become thick.
- Cut the figs and place in the glasses and add cold sabayon.