Sea bass fish is also called a ‘wolf fish’. And branzino in Italy. It belongs to elite class of fish as there are almost no bones in it, and meat is so tender.
It’s also important that this sort of fish is low in calories, that’s the reason sea bass is so popular among people who keep to healthy diet and nutrition experts.
There are dozen of ways to cook sea bass. To fry, to boil, to stew, to grill or to simmer in oil. Most important is not to overroast a sea bass. To avoid it, experienced cooks advise rubbing fish with olive oil, sprinkle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
The most popular recipe to cook sea bass is to cook it in salt. And today we are going to cook this recipe.
We’ll bake a sea bass in spicy salt crust. It’s simple, we have to marinade the fish, cook a salt crust, bake the fish, take it out and voilà! We have our sea bass ready.
Rea the detailed instructions below:
- 1 sea bass
- 3 slices of lemon
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- white pepper to taste
- 20 g olive oil
- 600 g salt (for salt crust)
- 2 whipped egg whites
- 2 tbsp water
- Ingredients for the sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 150 g olive oil
- 0.5 lemon juice
- Salt, pepper, sugar to taste
- 5-6 leaves of basil (if desired)
- Clean the fish from the insides and gills.
- Rinse it, dry with a paper towel, rub the fish with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, stuff with the lemon and fresh thyme.
- Mix the salt with the egg whites and add 2 tbsp of water, stir the mix until smooth.
- Take a piece of parchment paper (of baking sheet size), put a layer of salt with the egg whites and put the fish on it.
- Cover the fish completely with the remaining salt. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 220˚С.
- Paste the garlic with lemon juice, salt, sugar and basil until smooth. Keep pasting and adding the olive oil little by little. The sauce is ready.