Grab your basket and bravely go to the forest to seek for mushrooms. Or just buy some chanterelles and porcini in the nearest supermarket. You won’t feel funny, that’s not that kind of mushrooms.
Well, I have to admit, when you cook for a long time with lots of energy and money invested, and the result is miserable, then it’s gonna be funny. Hurtful and funny. But this salad recipe will for sure make your mouth water with its incredible flavour and taste
When we were thinking of something to cheer you, chef Alexei Shvets suggested this salad. First of all, it looks nice. Secondly, that’s one more salad which ingredients have to be smoked. And last but not the least, the combination of mushrooms and fragrant oil sounds so scrumptious and yummy.
Then you are obliged to cook this recipe. And you know what, let’s start from the internet. I’ll show you cool stuff that will change your culinary life forever and ever. Here you go – Smoking Gun at PolyScience. You won’t manage without it.
So now it is about to grab your basket and go to the forest. Or to the shop. It’s up to you. And then cooking, cooking, cooking!
- 100 g chanterelles
- 100 g porcini caps
- 25 g ghee butter
- 10 ml thyme-flavoured oil
- Black salt to taste
- Freshly-ground pepper to taste
- 10 g white croutons
- 5 g onion flakes and garlic chips
- 5 g micro green
- Smoking Gun and apple sawing
- Foe thyme-flavoured olive oil:
- 500 ml Extra Virgin olive oil
- 50 g fresh thyme
- Garlic chips:
- 50 ml peanut oil
- Chop the bread finely and fry on ghee butter.
- Wash the chanterelles and remove the mushroom stipes.
- Wipe the porcini caps with a wet towel.
- It’s not recommended to wash them with water otherwise they will be boiling on the frying pan.
- Chop them coarsely.
- Put some ghee butter to the frying pan and heat it well.
- You have to bear in mind that chanterelles open their taste at the temperature above 150 degrees.
- Put the mushrooms to the frying pan, season with salt and pepper and fry till crisp. Chill it.
- But the mushrooms to the small bowl and tightly wrap it with plastic foil.
- Make a small hole and insert the Smoking Gun tube into it.
- I also apply some tape to fix it accurately.
- Put the apple sawing to the gun, filling it by half. Switch on the Smoking Gun, set on fire and smoke.
- When all the sawdust burnt out, turn the device off.
- Leave it for 5-7 minutes and then assemble the salad.
- Pour the oil to the stewpan, add the fresh thyme.
- Put the stewpan to the oven heated to 75 degrees and cook for 1.5 hrs.
- Cut each onion into 4-6 pieces, divide the layers and sprinkle with a little of olive oil.
- Put in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees until a light golden brown.
- Get it out, chill the oven, set the temperature to 80 degrees and put the onions back to complete dry-curing for 6-8 hours.
- Finely slice the garlic and put it to milk overnight.
- Then wipe the garlic with a paper towel.
- Fry in peanut oil until gold brown.
- Mix the mushrooms with the garlic chips, put it to the plate and add the croutons chaotically.
- You won’t manage that in any other way because of the excitingly trembling hands.
- Add the micro green and onion flakes, and sprinkle with the thyme-flavoured oil. Done! Ready!
- It’s a high time to put aside your basket, grab a spoon and taste it, otherwise there is a risk you’ll be too late and get nothing.