Let’s talk about the price of the project. And recipe of Sous Vide Beef Cheek.
- 4 nice beef cheeks
- Half bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon red wine
- Half bottle of “Pedro Ximenez” sweet sherry
- 200 grams of “sour” potato
- 8 stalks beautiful scallion
- 20 “padron” green peppers
- 2 pieces of star anise
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- A pinch of Salt
- A pinch of Pepper
- Peel & wash the potatoes.
- Cut them into sticks of 0.9 mm square section and soak them in iced water for 20 minutes
- Simmer the sticks in salted water for 20 minutes, then take them out and dry properly to be placed in the freezer for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour in the freezer, fry them at 150 Celsius for 5 minutes, dry and freeze them.
- When serving, take fries out of the freezer and fry at 180 Celsius for 5 minutes, dry with paper towel then sprinkle with salt.
- Last minute, fry them in olive oil until tender, dry then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Char grill Scallion in direct flame until tender.
- Peel the outside burned layer.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and sea salt.
- Mix both wines and simmer them in very slow fire until reduced by half.
- Trim the fat excess from the beef cheeks.
- Add salt and pepper to the beef cheeks, and coat them in flour.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and star anise, set to medium fire.
- When hot, fry the cheeks until golden, then, let them cool down in the fridge.
- In a big vacuum bag (cooking suitable) place the beef cheeks with the wine reduction, and vacuum seal at 99%.
- Prepare a water bath at 82.5 Celsius (constant temperature) and cook the beef cheek for 8 hours.
- When ready, take the beef cheeks out of the bath and reduce the sauce left inside the bag.
- As simple as the picture, make a fries bed to place the beef cheek on top with a bit of sauce. Place the remaining sauce in a glass and put the scallions inside.
- Then, place the glass next to the beef cheeks, and distribute the padron peppers randomly.
Today when even a street-cleaner has a private web site and a Facebook page it seems logical that you can find out the price of goods of any brand or any service 24 hours per day.
And, of course, price almost always becomes the main factor when we choose certain goods. That’s why it’s quite usual when a person after watching different photos of the item from different angles wants to know how much it costs.
And, for example, I don’t want to call to sales department if I want to choose gym membership or make a decision which restaurant I want to visit at night. I want to see the price on the web site. Moreover, the web site already exists.
Good restaurants have their menu directly on their sites and pages in social networks. I can find out if they offer tiramisu and its price. Even domestic appliances chain stores with those wild prices show them on the Internet regardless of their non-competitiveness.
So what is this all about? What is the difference between the photographer and other producers of goods and services? Why does a client who wants a photo-shoot have to call the photographer to find out the price?
Can you name any reason why you can’t indicate the price on the Internet?