I’m almost sure you were once told that spinach and strawberry is not the best combination in food. If you were told so, well… forget it. Just cook this salad and show everyone that spinach and strawberry salad is the yummiest summer culinary adventure ever.
Its appearance is a bit odd and unusual, but at the same time it’s so bright and delicious. This recipe will also help you in the occasion of sudden guests, you don’t need any complicated equipment, efforts and time. While having a pleasant talk with about weather or shoes, you’ll create a great flavorful perfect salad, right in front of your guests. Spinach, strawberry, seeds, some dressing, tip from a chef plus your fantasy – and the salad is ready.
Spinach is very healthy, and you already have bought a bunch or two together with regular greens. Have a look and you’ll find a handful of strawberry in the fridge. You have it? Perfect! So it’s time to experiment.
And you can believe me, neither you nor your friends have tried so simple, but at the same time so creative salad.
How to cook it – this symbol of summer with bright red strawberry and juicy green spinach? Follow reading and we’ll explain everything in details.
- For dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tea spoon mustard
- 1 tea spoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 200 g spinach
- 200 g strawberry
- 1 tea spoon chia or poppy seeds
- 2 tbs pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the ingredients for dressing: vinegar, honey and sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything thoroughly with olive oil.
- Wash the spinach and wipe with a kitchen towel.
- Remove the strawberry stems.
- Leave the small berries whole, the big ones – cut in half.
- Mix the berries with spinach and add 2 tbs of dressing. Mix it and taste. If necessary, add more dressing.
- Sprinkle with chia and pumpkin seeds and serve.
- P.S. a cup measurement is given for reference only. Take a measure (a glass, coffee spoon, table spoon) and try it, finding your most suitable option.