Nowadays raspberry is not that rare thing anymore. All year-round available on the shelves of shops, it has no more of its former alluring unavailability. Mankind learnt how to synthesize its sweet delicious aroma and produce dozens of its different shades. But… But for me raspberry means the fingers pricked to blood, greedily tearing juicy berries from the bushes. They fall gently into my palm smothered with the juice and delicately shining cobweb.
And I never wash my raspberries. I do not understand – why? They are perfect! Its fluffy scarlet pimples are simply flawless.
And desserts with raspberry sauce are always amazingly delicious. Looks like, it’s impossible to spoil them. Raspberry tastes great in any combinations, temperatures and servings.
These dumplings have nothing in common with their ‘ethnical relatives’. Their taste will definitely charm everyone. Natural taste of fruits and nuts is quite unique in our times. What to say, that’s one of my favourite dishes of ‘raw cuisine’. This is the reason I’d like to share it with you.
This dish is simple to cook. So simple that you’ll definitely give a smile. But it tastes delicious. It would be perfect for the people tired of meat, thick dough and long cooking hours. You saw – you bought – you cooked! Are you still here?
Dessert “Ukrainian Dumplings Made of Raspberry with Cashew Cream Cheese and Fruit Sauces” – raw food recipes
- 200 g fresh raspberries
- 30 g honey
- 150 g cashew
- 100 g wheat
- 250 g water
- 3 g salt
- 50 g honey
- 1 vanilla stick
- Fruit sauces
- Pistachio chips
- Dust from hibiscus flowers
- Raisins pastille
- Black sesame seeds
- Blend raspberries and honey until smooth, pass through a sieve.
- Pour onto a silicone mat through a round shape with a table spoon, smooth to a thin layer and dry at 38 *C for 8 hours.
- Sprout the wheat, and then fill it with water 24 hrs to ferment.
- Strain the water from the wheat, add cashews and salt and blend until slightly rough consistency.
- Put the mix in the buttercloth and put under pressure in a warm place for 12 hours to ferment.
- Mix the ready-made cream cheese with honey and vanilla stick seeds.
- Put the cream cheese in the center of the pastille and wrap it as a dumpling.
More than book, less than a national taste guide
You can find more recipes for Christmas pierogi in my new book ‘Pierogi. More than a Book, Less than a National Cuisine Guide’.
Ukrainian culture combines ancient Greek traditions, incredible eastern flows and serious Western accents. Due to the unique geographical location, Ukraine could take the traditions of ancient nations and thus create its own.
And it’s not a surprise at all that today we want to share 35 unique recipes of national dishes – pierogi. This simple dish can easily adapt to any kitchen.
That’s not an ordinary book that you can buy. That’s a unique national cuisine guide. And when you’ve immersed yourself in Ukrainian cuisine, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how delicious and modern all the recipes are. You’ll fall in love with them, and cook again and again.