We’ve already cooked hummus, even two types of it: classical and with chili pepper. Today I’ll share with you one more recipe. Hummus with olives and basil oil. I’ve got this recipe from Aleksey Shvets.
Hummus is extremely healthy. It’s very nutritious and substantial, and at the same time a very healthy food. Especially vegetarians are fond of it.
Nutrition experts underline that hummus contains a lot of fibre, thus prevents from overeating. You will hardy want to eat anything else after a generous portion of tasty appetizier.
So you can eat lots of it. And don’t restrain yourself. And don’t feel anxious about overeating. Sounds as a huge lottery prize, doesn’t it? As hummus is not only delicious, but also healthy!
I adore dishes like that, they suit all occasions. For a party with friends, light snack, lunch or dinner, or even for a festive table. It is this sort of dish.
So run faster to the kitchen and cook this heavenly delicious dish!
- 450 g hummus with olives
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- 125 g basil
- 250 g olive oil
- Boil the water, separately prepare a bowl with ice water.
- Put basil leaves in the boiling water and parboil for 30 seconds.
- Take out the leaves from the boiling water and put to the bowl with ice water.
- Strain the chilled leaves at the sieve.
- Remove the remaining water with hands and put the leaves into the blender. Add the oil and blend until smooth.
- Strain the oil through a fine sieve. This oil can be stored in a fridge.
- It also tastes delicious in salads, with baked vegetables or mozzarella.
- Put the hummus in the middle of a plate.
- Spread it at the plate in the way to create a kind of ‘curb’.
- Pour the basil oil in the middle of hummus spread.
Something about Food, East and Love
Best Hummus Recipes From All Over the World
Do you want more hummus recipes? You’ll get them from my new book: “Hummus, something about Food, East and Love”.
‘Hummus: Something about food, East and love’ is not just a recipe book, it is you how you can play with hummus, cook it so tasty and absolutely different. That’s the first book in the world where hummus is not just an appetizer, it becomes a main dish.
A new book of a food-photographer Aleksandr Slyadnev and Chef Aleksey Shvets is a culinary story of ancient eastern dish. One can easily sell a soul for a well-cooked hummus. It brilliantly combines health benefit, excellent flavour and simplicity of cooking.