Let’s not be dissemble, we all love sweet. With tea or coffee as a snack or just pleasure. Admit it, we often say the phrase – “I want something tasty,” and it just means tasty dessert. We’re already cooked a lot of “sweet” – for example, Apple Pie with Nuts and Raisins or French Macaroons.
Today I will tell you about the parfait. We cooked it together with Anya and Vika from confectionery Make My Cake. They told me all the secrets and mysteries of this ancient, tender and of course, delicious dessert.
Parfait from the French parfait means beautiful and immaculate. I think these two words is the best describe of this dessert. That dish of French cuisine, famous to the world since 1894.
Classic parfait is a cream, whipped with sugar and vanilla, and then frozen. Sometimes you can add the beaten eggs.
There are a variety of American parfait, they add ice-cream and other ingredients.
As a supplement usually can be used coffee, cocoa, fruits, juices, and all that you will skillfully add.
Today we have a pistachio parfait. So if you, too, love to eat so gentle, air and just makes your head spin dessert, a plan of action below.
- Water - 80 ml
- Sugar - 120 g
- Yolks - 5 pcs.
- Cream - 375 ml
- Pistachio flour - 80 g
- Pistachios for decoration (100 g - cut, part grind into crumbs)
- In a small stew pan pour the sugar and cover with water. Put on the fire. When the sugar has dissolved and the syrup reaches 117-120 * C, remove from heat.
- To the stationary mixer bowl put the egg yolks and start beating them.
- While continuing to whip the yolks, pour a syrup as thin stream. Beat until the mixture reaches room temperature.
- Meanwhile, peel and grind pistachio in flour.
- Whip the cream until peaks and add pistachio flour.
- Gently combine the cream with the egg mixture.
- Pour into cups and put in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Decorate with pistachios before serving.
Most often parfait is served in a glass. Its spread as layers, so I advise you to choose a transparent bowl, so as not to hide the beauty of their own eyes!