Chicken Kiev is very famous dish that not only appears in the menu of Ukrainian restaurants, but also throughout the world. IT is known in Europe and America. It is often referred to in the movies, TV shows, and is one of the symbols of Ukrainian cuisine.
Chicken Kiev is a chicken formed in cutlet with butter inside. Baked fried, and to oil you can add cheese, mushrooms, parsley, egg yolk. In old times oil was drummed into cutlet, and it made taste creamier, but then the cook found an easier way, just putting it inside, which greatly accelerated the process of cooking.
Despite the significant title, a legend is the French were pioneers of this dish. Then, that it was brought to Russia by young chefs who on the orders of Catherine studied in France. But we stick to the standard version. It was invented by the Kiev chef, who gave it a new name that speaks.
- Chicken - 170 g
- Green butter - 30g
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Wheat bread - 25 g
- Vegetable oil - 15 g
- Wash and dry the chicken. Cut wings at the joint, but leave untouched the last fillet, which connects to the breast.
- Take away the skin from the breast. Make an incision along the keel bone. Cut to breast fillets with bones from the wings. Cleanse the bones from the meat. Department of Internal fillet with bone from the outside.
- Cut tendon at the inner fillets (to chop not deformed during cooking).
- Make shallow along the outer fillet (in a place where thicker fillets). Make a cut to the right and left, without cutting the fillets and cutting through like a book. Gently beat fillets in a package, or between two layers of the food film.
- Wash, dry and finely cut dill. Melted butter connect with dill and salt and mix well. Put oil on the plastic wrap. Make roll and put in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Frozen oil cut in half (two patties).
- To chicken fillet add salt and pepper. In the middle of the outer fillet put frozen oil. Cover the inner fillet. Carefully wrap the butter, meat, that be sure that there are no gaps and form a cutlet.
- Bread cutlets in flour (excess flour coward). Put the egg, then roll in bread crumbs, sank back into the egg and again in breadcrumbs. Get a double layout.
- Heat the oil (160 degrees). Carefully place it into the hot oil. Fried to a crisp, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Put in the oven pre-heated to 200 ° C and bringing patties until it cooked. It is about 4-5 minutes.
- Cutlets serve with boiled rice, mashed potatoes (french fries) and fresh vegetables.
Chicken Kiev is associated with something homey and cozy. So right away and pop up in memory of the dinners childhood when my grandmother cooked for you a variety of dishes. And among them was chicken Kiev. Then do all seemed like something tasty. And certainly with potatoes. Do you want to bring back the sense of taste?
There is a persistent myth that it is difficult to prepare. And the cooking process requires years of training. Chef Yuriy Chernous told us his perfect recipe chicken Kiev. Follow his instructions and you will have a perfect homemade Chicken Kiev for today dinner!
More than book, less than a national taste guide
You can find more recipes for Christmas pierogi in my new book ‘Pierogi. More than a Book, Less than a National Cuisine Guide’.
Ukrainian culture combines ancient Greek traditions, incredible eastern flows and serious Western accents. Due to the unique geographical location, Ukraine could take the traditions of ancient nations and thus create its own.
And it’s not a surprise at all that today we want to share 35 unique recipes of national dishes – pierogi. This simple dish can easily adapt to any kitchen.
That’s not an ordinary book that you can buy. That’s a unique national cuisine guide. And when you’ve immersed yourself in Ukrainian cuisine, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how delicious and modern all the recipes are. You’ll fall in love with them, and cook again and again.