Strudel is a traditional Austrian dessert. This suction roll dough with apple or cherry. Overall strudel recipes differ only fillings, the basis is always the hood without yeast dough.
Strudels can be not only sweet, apricots, pears, poppy seeds, nuts, in many countries, meat and baked strudel and mushrooms, cheese, fish, an infinite number of options.
Apple strudel is a kind of business card of Austrian cuisine. In ancient times, the Austrians chose their brides with an eye to how they know how to cook this dish. Dessert is often served with or ice cream, or whipped cream.
Strudel I associate with fall. When the leaves fall, when to replace the heat comes the cool air filled with the smell of fallen leaves, and finally you can breathe and walk endlessly. Flavor that is filled with autumn, some special, they are fresh and tart at the same time. When you want to wrap yourself in a cozy blanket and sipping tea or coffee, watching your favorite movies, if the window caught the bad weather. And for dessert, a delicious sweet strudel with apple filling and crispy golden brown under the sugar!
And to translate those dreams into reality, you can use recipe for strudel from Sergey Borodkin. A few simple steps and is ready to treat.
- 500g Flour 500g
- 50 g Oil
- 250g Water
- 70 g Salt
- 4 pc Apples
- 1 pc Lemon
- 100 g Raisins
- 100 g Nuts
- 50 g Butter
- Knead the dough, to intervene in the flour water, salt and butter.
- Form a ball, cover with foil and give to stand at room temperature. Let’s marinate the apples: clean them, pull a core and cut as slices, sprinkle with sugar, raisins, lemon zest and juice of one lemon.
- Apples need to be marinated for 1-1,5 hours.
- Roll out the dough as pancake and stretch it over the edge and put it on a floured surface tissue.
- Squeeze the juice from pickled apples, add the roasted nuts, spread out over the surface of the stretched dough and roll up roll tightly extruding a lot inside. The surface of the “roll” grease with butter and bake at 210 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.