Macaroni – a popular French dessert. It was a favorite delicacy of the French monarchs. Macaroon recipe to France had brought an Italian princess Catherine de Medici. Back in the 16th century, macaroon was a simple biscuits made with almond flour, egg whites and sugar. Absolutely no exotic filling or rainbow colors or cream filling. It was just a simple dough.
Today, there is an incredible variety of different macaroons, they can be both sweet and savory.
They were popular during the French Revolution, and with their help people payed for house.
Then the story of macaroon recipe went to confectioner Charles Deloye. He created exactly what cookies, which we are eating now. According to the recipe prepared in the first house gastronomy Dalloyau, which opened in 1802, the heirs of Charles.
And in the early 20th century, the founder of the cult Parisian patisserie Laduree Pierre Defonten brought macaroons to perfection. He connects two halves of it with the jam. And after that macaroon has the form, that we enjoy nowadays.
Macaroons made using flour, eggs, sugar and almond, and cream acts as a filling. Special feature of French macaroon recipe is a huge variety of colors, they can be yellow, and pink, and purple, and green, and red, the flight of imagination is endless.
The traditional macaroon both halves must be the same size, although are baked separately. A filling should be soft and dense at the same time.
A perfect macaroon recipe that you can cook at home shared with us chefs of Make My Cake – Anya and Vika. Follow the instructions and you just get no worse than in Paris Laduree!
- Almond flour – 165 g
- Powdered sugar – 165 g
- Egg Whites – 115 g
- Sugar – 150 g
- Requests the almond flour with powdered sugar.
- Mix a half of eggs whites and dye in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, mix the sugar and 57 ml of water, put on a slow fire.
- Meanwhile, start whisking the remaining egg whites.
- When the sugar has dissolved and the syrup reaches 117 * C, and the egg whites reach the middle of the peaks, a small trickle start pouring the hot mixture into the beaten egg whites. Continue whisking for about 5 minutes, until the meringue cools down.
- Then, in small portions to intervene in almond meringue mixture, each time carefully whip dough. When all of the protein to be introduced, it is necessary for some time to knead the dough, eliminating him from the excess air.
- Fill the bag with the dough round nozzle and squeeze out small circles on a baking sheet, the laid parchment at a distance, as the following will grow.
- Leave the dough to dry for half an hour, an hour to the top was a small crust (when a finger touches the dough will not stick).
- Preheat oven to 150 * C. Put the dried dough for 15 minutes (after half-time to deploy the pan).
- Whip cream with powdered sugar until stable peaks. Separately whip mascarpone. In several steps to intervene in the cream cheese, each time carefully whip the mixture.
- Using a pastry bag fill half pasta with cream and berries and scrapie using the second halves.