When you cook the main dish is always need some addition. A side dish.
More often we used to see a side dish in the form of vegetables, potatoes, rice or some cereal, you can be so creative here.
The word garnish or side dish comes from the French “garnir” and means decorating and filling.
A side dish is used as decoration or complement or contrast the taste of main dish. In the course of the history of the concept and application of a garnish is expanded. And now you can always see it on the plate together with meat or fish and also consomme.
Side dish can be cooked from vegetables, cereals, legumes, seafood, mushrooms, and even fruit. There are some hard-compound side dishes when you need to cook no less time than the main dish.
And as you probably already guessed, today we will cook a side dish. Crushed potatoes in Mediterranean style. This is a great option not only for the festive table, but also unusual dishes in everyday life. Capers, olives, sun-dried tomatoes give the dish just the very note of the Mediterranean.
- Potatoes 500 g
- 1.5 tbsp Capers
- 1.5 tbsp Olive
- Olive oil 25 ml
- 1.5 tbsp Dried Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Clean, chop and boil the potatoes.
- Cut the dried tomatoes, capers and olives.
- To the boiled potatoes add butter, salt and pepper.
- Crush (but do not bring to a state of mashed potatoes), add the tomatoes, capers, olives, and mix well.
- We spread in a bowl, decorate with leaves of arugula and basil, and give.
Just, and most importantly, delicious!