Stuffed peppers are rich dish that will leave nobody indifferent at the festive table. And you can stuff it with almost everything – meat, vegetables, rice, mushrooms, eggs, the list goes on and on. And each family has its own precise, unique, incomparable recipe of stuffed peppers.
In fact, pepper is just created for filling it with something. The main thing is a good stew it to himself plenty of pepper to soak with aroma. For stuffing fits any pepper, and if you choose different colors, it is not just tasty, it’s almost bright!
Stuffed peppers can be in Moldovan or Bulgarian cuisine and, in general, the inventor of peppers is unknown.
And the cooking process can be described in just a couple of steps – cutting off the top, cleaned of seeds, add your favorite filling, fold vertically into the pan and simmer in water or tomato sauce.
Today I will share with you a stuffed peppers recipe. But the stuff we’ll be far from the standard stuffing, but you know what? Cabbage rolls! Yes, yes, you heard right, stuffed by cabbage rolls. So we can say that we even have two meals in one. Because the cabbage rolls can be cook separately.
- Pepper – 4 pcs.
- Rice – 125 g
- Pork meat (brisket) – 250 g
- Onions (peeled) – 160 g
- Carrots (peeled) – 125 g (1pc)
- Vegetable Oil – 50 ml
- Cabbage or grape leaves – 1kg
- Tomato juice – 150 ml
- Greens (parsley, dill) without stem – 1 bunch
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Spices: black pepper
- The first, steam cabbage leaves for 2-3 minutes in boiling water. Then cool it and cut the hard part of the sheet.
- Cut it into triangles, so it was convenient to wrap. You can also use the grape leaves.
- Cut the top part of Peppers, remove the seeds, rinse.
- Rinse the rice, till the moment of transparent water.
- In a frying pan add a little vegetable oil and fry onion, then add to the onion bacon.
- Fry for 7-10 minutes.
- After add rice, grated carrots. Add salt and pepper to taste, pour half of the volume of tomato juice and season with chopped herbs.
- Wrap the stuffing in the cabbage / vine leaves.
- Lay prepared cabbage rolls into peppers, and add to their bottom a little bit of vegetable oil (the oil doesn’t allow them to stick and allow to shine).
- When peppers are ready lay them into pan vertically and pour with hot water with tomato juice.
- The liquid should cover the stuffed peppers and the top slice of pepper slightly above the level.
- When the boil cabbage rolls, rearrange the pan in the oven.
- Cover and leave to bake at 1-1.5 hours.
- Stuffed peppers are served hot, with sour cream.
Odessa Cuisine is multifarious, simple, but incrediably tasty! You just need to believe! Just writing the last phase I understood it’s contrariety Don’t believe, just try! True dessa Forshmak recipe, bean cimes, eggplant paste, kilka in different interpretations – we can’t without it! You’ll find all of that in my new book «Traditional Soviet Union Jewish Recipes: Odessa’s Snacks». And today a great stuffed peppers recipe, is included to the book too.