Oh, how I love to wander along Hong Kong streets. My every walk is an incredible adventure. I just come out into the street and choose the direction.
- For Rose water jelly
- Sugar 600 g
- Glucose 200 g
- Juice of 4 lemons
- Water 750 ml
- Rose water 200 ml
- Corn starch 150 g
- Gelatin sheet 50 g
- For SHORTBREAD
- 125 g butter
- 55 g caster sugar
- 180 g plain flower
- For STRAWBERRY FLUID GEL
- 1000 g strawberry puree
- 16 g agar agar
- Mix 100g of water with the corn starch.
- Soak the gelatin sheet in cold water.
- Place remaining water, sugar, glucose, lemon juice, rose water in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Rapidly whisk in corn flower and cook for 2 mins.
- Whisk in gelatin and pass through a fine sieve and place in the fridge to set
- Beat together butter and sugar until a pale cream like color
- Fold in flour
- Allow to rest at room temp for 15 mins
- Roll to desired shape and size and bake for 15mins at 190 oC
- In a pan bring 900g puree to the boil
- Once boiling rapidly whisk in the agar agar and return to the boil
- Completely set in the fridge
- Then blend smooth adding the remaining puree as necessary to obtain the desired consistency
Drop into Starbucks to take a cup of latte with me. Smile at newspaper seller and talk about weather with an unknown beautiful woman while waiting for a green traffic light…
These trifle things make my day. As well as great and nice Chefs, whom I’m happy to work with. Incredible presentation of their dishes. Tasty and unusual food. Charismatic people – this is so cool!
I’m happy at my work. And I would like to share a bit of this happiness with you. With the help of this texts, photos and recipes.
Enjoy, like I do.