Today on our menu is Liver pate with beef brains and caramelize red bilberry. Tasty, delicate, easy to spread on bread and melting in the mouth.
Pate – is specially cooked minced meat, poultry, game, eggs, mushrooms and other products. Make a pate can be of a variety of products, but the leaders remained poultry liver.
As well as about the origin of any dish we argue and argue about liver pate a lot. A priori, it is a French dish, but also claims that the French simply revived the recipe that came up with the ancient Romans. And in the Middle Ages liver pate was the main dish and carried with full honors and luxury. Even happened bird flew out of it. Well, it was fashionable during that times;)
Pate was considered as a real delicacy for a long time, and only aristocrats was able to eat it. In today’s world situation has changed and now the pate put into mass production. But, nevertheless, to find the most delicious liver pate is very difficult. However, if you want to try an aristocratic liver pate, you can cook it at home.
Liver pate recipe was shared with us, by Yuriy Chernous, and thanks to him, our collection will have one more important and interesting recipe.
- Beef brains - 280 g
- Duck liver - 270g
- Raw smoked bacon - 75g
- Onion - 50 g
- Butter - 50 g
- Toast bread - 60 g
- Cream 30% - 150 g
- Egg - 2 pcs
- Cognac -30 ml
- Ground pepper
- red bilberry - 150 g
- Red wine - 100 ml
- Sugar - 80 g
- For decoration
- Baguette - 100 g
- Micro green
- Remove the foil from the liver and brain.
- Bacon and onion we shall cut in small cubes and fry in butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the liver and brain, fry for 1-2 minutes on all sides.
- Cut toast bread in cubes. Put in a blender the liver and brain. Beat.
- Add the bread, cream, cognac, eggs, nutmeg, anchovy and beat until it will be creamy.
- Turn into a rectangular form. Fill the pan with hot water to a depth of 3-5 cm. Bake liver pate on a steam bath for 45 minutes at a temperature of 125 degrees. Ready pate cools in form for 1-2 hours.
- red bilberry soaked in wine for 1 hour, add sugar and cooked to caramel.
- Ready liver pate cut into pieces, put on a plate, add baguette chips and cranberries.
As a basis we take duck liver and beef brains, and add a few more ingredients.
Popular supplements for liver pate are eggs, mushrooms, herbs, but today we have to show imagination and our supplement is caramelized cranberries. Unexpected, isn’t it? It certainly is not included in the list of “Banal supplements for liver pate.” red bilberry gives to pate little piquancy and with it liver pate will have silk and delicate flavor and becomes incredibly appetizing. Shall we try?