Maslenitsa Festival! What associations do you have with it? The end of winter? The beginning of spring? Good weather? One thing I know for sure – it’s crepes!
At Maslenitsa Festival crepes not just a recommendation, it’s a must eat!
This whole week before Lent, when we bid farewell to winter, spring and officially meet all the rites and traditions infuse in warm weather and good mood.
It appears that every day of Maslenitsa Festival has a name and a value.
So Monday is a meeting. Start of Maslenitsa Festival.
Tuesday is a playful day. On this day, it is necessary to ride a roller coaster of ice (if still winter), and just play a lot!
Wednesday is a day of crepes. On this day, it is necessary to eat crepes. And it must be done at a party.
Thursday is a day of fun. The most fun day.
Friday is called as Teschini Vecherki. Now you welcome to visit!
Saturday is gatherings.
Sunday is Forgiveness Sunday. The last day of Maslenitsa Festival. On this day, you need to ask for forgiveness and to finish all the celebrations.
So let’s talk about crepes today. Different. Easy and complicated With different fillings and flavors. Choose your favorite!
Thus, we have 7 days and it means that we’ll have 7 crepes recipes!
Let’s start with making crepes themselves. They are the foundation of today’s column.
- Milk - 1 liter
- Eggs - 10 pc
- Flour - 10 tbsp
- Vegetable oil - 50 ml
- Salt to taste
- Mix the eggs, milk, butter, flour and salt.
- The mixture is stirred until it is smooth.
- Leave the dough for 30-40 minutes.
- On heated pan add the butter, and bake crepes.
Crepes with Mushrooms
- Mushrooms - 400 g
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Sour cream - 2 tbsp
- Onions and mushrooms washed and cut.
- Sauté onion in vegetable oil, then add the mushrooms and fry until tender, add salt and pepper.
- Add sour cream, chopped green onions and stew for a few minutes.
- Each crepe wrap with 1-2 tablespoons of fried mushrooms. Serve crepes warm.
Crepes with Salmon
- Fillet of smoked salmon - 400 g
- Dill - 2 sprigs
- Cream Cheese - 120 g
- Fillet of salmon separate from the skin and small seeds. Cut into thin slices.
- How can smaller chopped dill.
- Kneaded cream cheese with a fork. Add the dill. Mix until smooth.
- On crepe spread the creamy filling. Spreadable filling half of the crepe. Add salmon.
Crepes with Cottage Cheese and Herbs
- Cottage Cheese
- Any herbs and aromatic herbs (lettuce, arugula, parsley, basil, cilantro)
- Olive oil
- Dried basil
- Salt pepper
- The greens and aromatic herbs shred and add to the cheese. Mix.
- Then cheese dress with pepper, salt and dried herbs. Add the olive oil and garlic. Thoroughly mix.
- Cooked stuffing spread on a ready-made crepes, turn and fry in a dry frying pan.
- To the table crepes can be served both cold and warm.
Crepes with Mascarpone and Dried Apricots
- Mascarpone Cheese - 320 g
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp.
- Powdered sugar and vanilla - 2 tbsp.
- Dried Apricots - 80 g
- Lemon peel - 1 tsp.
- Mascarpone mix with powdered sugar, lemon juice, chopped dried apricots and lemon peel, grated on a fine grater.
- The resulting mass spread 1 tbsp. in the center of each crepe, than form a bag and tying the vanilla stripe.
Crepes with Apples and Cinnamon
- Apple - 2 pcs.
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp.
- Half a tablespoon of lemon peel
- Cinnamon - ½ teaspoon
- Butter - 2 tbsp.
- Sugar - 70 g
- Clear apple from the skin, cut them into squares, pour the lemon juice, add the zest, cinnamon. Mix.
- Pour the sugar into a saucepan, put the butter.
- Melt all over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves.
- Weight gain becomes stringy and brown. Then it is necessary to lay out the caramel apples and stew them there a little bit, so that they soften and covered with caramel.
- A tablespoon of apple filling put on the middle of a crepe and wrap.
Crepes with Cherries and Port Wine
- Cherry - 400g
- Port - 200 g
- Sugar - 4 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick - 2 pieces
- Vanilla sugar - 20g
- Mix together the cherries, port wine, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla sugar.
- Put the saucepan over medium heat and evaporate half. Let it cool.
- We make a crepe pocket and spread the filling. Pour syrup.
Crepes with Berries and Ice-cream
- Favorite Berries
- Favorite Ice-cream
- We spread the crepes on a plate.
- Add a scoop of ice cream and berries.
We are totally ready to Maslenitsa Festival!