Seafood. Can taste so different, but always delicious. I can be hardly surprised with mussels, rapanas or different kinds of fish, as I’m a sea city child. But it’ completely different story with scallops.
This recipe of Grilled Scallops with Maitre d’Hôtel Butter perfectly fits in the popular French concept ‘sea-land’. The French are famous for being storytellers and ‘smart pants’, but they definitely have an eye for cooking seafood. The freshest grilled scallops are served on a bed of fluffy mashed potato. With Maître d’Hôtel Butter shimmering on top of the scallops previously mixed with garlic, salt and greens. That’s posh and so scrumptious!
I have to warn you that this dish is demanding. No rush or falseness is allowed. Invite Her, pour some wine and surprise. Not every day, but sometimes it’s so nice to treat yourself.
Grilled Scallops with Maitre d’Hôtel Butter Recipe
- 120 g scallops
- 30 g butter
- 50 g creamy mashed potato
- Creamy Mashed Potato with Carrot
- 70 g mashed potato
- 20 g carrot fresh juice
- 20 g cream (30%)
- 15 g butter
- 5 g parmesan (2-years-old)
- Maitre d’Hotel Butter
- 85 g butter (82%)
- 2 g garlic
- 5 g parsley (finely chopped)
- 5 g dill (finely chopped)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Grill the scallops on both sides on a very hot frying pen or grill.
- Then put them on the stripes of mashed potato with carrot.
- Maitre d’Hôtel butter and red caviar go as finishing strokes.
- Taste this dish with Springbank 10 Years Old Whiskey.
- Whip all the ingredients in the bowl with whisk until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the butter with all the ingredients, put in plastic food wrap and shape as roll, then put it to the fridge with the temperature 0-5 degrees.
Purse as inspiration
I am very choosy when it comes for details in my life. Or rather not even like that. Either I have the best stuff, or I do not pay any attention to them. Ten years ago I decided to buy a purse. And I went shopping to find my perfect purse. But what I saw in the shops, even in the expensive ones, discouraged me a lot. Some creepy fakes barely imitating leather, or if even leather, then of poor quality or design. And those were expensive, good purses.
From time to time I came back to the idea of finding my perfect purse. I made rounds in the shops, searching for it, but in vain. Well I even bought something, but threw it away in a week of use. All of them were gloomy, and I do believe that the small things of life have to cheer up. After all, these little things create our lives.
The first purse that I wanted to buy, I saw in the boutique “Doll”, where I was shooting Secret of Scent. I looked at it for a long time – just a laconic piece of leather held together with the thread. Simple, uncomfortable to use and gorgeous. There was a soul in this purse, I wanted to hold it in my hands, get money from it. But the price of a few thousand dollars stopped me then. I can’t afford it so far.
But some days ago I saw on Facebook that I was looking for all this time. Manekibook purse. And I’ve ordered it without hesitation.