It’s really difficult to write a post about Penne Pasta with Chili Sauce and Arugula if you’re hungry. At such moments I become a hostage of my own food-photos, and can think about food, and nothing else but food.
And when a man thinks only about food, he gets very angry, and this affects the people around. In my case, no one get hurt yet. I’m staring at my computer, it’s 5pm, and all that I had eaten today was two macarons (one with salty caramel and the second was cherries with mascarpone). And a few cups of coffee, which made me feel even hungrier. Look at me hungry, look threatening, isn’t it?
I’m writing how to cook pasta and chili sauce, I’m reading and just learned that Chili was brought to Mexico by Spanish people, and they started to cook chili sauce in Mexico. And it turns out that the penne pasta (feathers) are called “Spole” (hook) or “maltalyati” (bad cut).
I’m just going to explode. For several hours now I’m thinking just about pasta. And while no one get hurt, I’m going to go and cook this one, yes, exactly THIS pasta penne with chili sauce. I love chili and I want chili. Right now.
Although I took this photo about half a year ago, together with Aleksey Svets, Chef at Bernardazzi and I still feel the taste of this wonderful pasta in my mouth. And chili, hot, spicy chili sauce. You understand my tortures now, don’t you?
- 1 Shallot
- 0.5 Chili pepper
- 150 g Pilati tomatoes
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 20 g Butter
- Salt, sugar to taste
- 2 Garlic clovesbr][br]
- 100 g Penne pasta
- 30 g Butter
- Salt to taste
- 25 g Arugula
- Mince the onion and garlic, and fry in butter and olive oil.
- Add chopped chili and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and some tomato juice.
- Simmer 10 minutes more, then season to taste.[br][br]
- Bring a water to boil and cook the penne pasta until al dente (for a minute less than set on the package).
- Drain in a colander, then stir in a butter.
- Chop the arugula.
- Transfer penne pasta into chili-tomato sauce, add arugula, and mix until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy.
As all dishes by Aleksey pasta was incrediable! I’m fed, satisfied and ready for new feats!