Sasha, relax. This is your first Michelin-starred chef. Relax, Sasha. Who could know that only a year after I started my Food’n’Chef Project, which was expected to be just a local project about local chefs, I would work with a chef from another continent and moreover – a chef with a Michelin Star!
My trip to Hong-Kong was wonderful. New friends, new impressions. Two weeks of fruitful work and at the same time of great leisure time.
But what about the recipe?
Only a title Lobster with Bird’s Nest and Egg White allude to the fact that it’s not a five-minute case.
– This dish is very easy to cook, – chef smiled mysteriously. – You can just cook lobster at home.
- 140 grams Lobster Fillet
- 120 grams egg whites
- 60 grams Crab meat
- 40 gram s Crab Roe
- 40 grams bird’s nest
- 60 grams Vegetables
- 120 ml Supreme Broth
- 1/6 Teaspoon Chicken Powder
- 1/6 Teaspoon Salt
- Remove the lobster meat and marinate. Set aside.
- Remove the shell of the crab, take out the crab roe and soak the crab roe in hot water until it is 70% cooked. Set aside.
- Poach the bamboo shoots. Set aside.
- Steam the egg white for 10 minutes.
- Stir fry the lobster.
- Cooked the broth and make it into the sauce.
- Add the crab meat, crab roe and bird’s nest onto the sauce.
- Put the lobster on top of the steamed egg white, then add the bamboo shoots, followed by the sauce.
At home I finally have read about swallow nest. Sasha, relax. And I’ve understand why I can’t cook it at home.
Let this recipe just be a monument to difficult recipes.
This is the first Michelin-starred chef, but not the last.
Swallow’s Nest is one of the highlights of Chinese cuisine, and in fact it is the nest of swifts-salaganov that live on the shores of the Bay of Bengal. Baby birds made of algae, so they are quite edible. And according to one legend, for the first time swallows’ nests were tasted by Chinese Emperor, when Mongolian troops drove his army on a rocky island, where were nothing, only Swallows’ Nests. Healthy nests not only helped the army to survive and continue the battle, but they were very tasty and healthy product.